Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I remember when...

Its really funny as you grow older, how much you forget.. or rather you shove at the very back of your brain, where no light of recognition shines on them...
And there they stay, hidden, until something happens to bring them up again.

The things I have "forgotten" have played a huge part in who I am today. Now that I think of it, I didn't have a very nice childhood after all.
I was always somehow "different" from all the other kinds at school.. just like I remain "different" now.
I wasn't accepted back then... I am accepted now but only because I have learned to wear a shroud of normalcy about me.
I have learned to keep my mouth shut at all costs. If I am (or not) clever, remains something to be figured out by those who meet me.
If I have a sense of humor (or not) is a thing of mystery.
I dare say, even my husband doesn't know who I really am...

Strange thing the human brain.

No comments: