Sunday, May 08, 2005

Prayers answered... to the letter!!!

Before I got pregnant with the twins, when I was struggling through yet another fertility treatment, I prayed to God... no, I more like tried to strike a bargain with God, that would allow me to get my so-much-wanted baby.
I clearly remember saying "God please, help me get pregnant and I promise I won't mind if I have the worst pregnancy symptoms ever. Just as long as I have a healthy baby..."

Turns out God answered my prayer to the letter because for the past 4 weeks I have been sick all day, every day no matter what I do... and I am more or less house bound because it seems that my body is threatening to miscarry if I slightly, ever so slightly over exert myself.
For instance, Easter Sunday I spend 10 minutes walking besides my 28 month old godson on the sidewalk, to make sure he didn't drive his little tricycle into the street and two days later I had started to spot.

Before that, at only 6 weeks, I felt so good I decided to finish the errands that I had left behind and walked (with long breaks) for about 40 minutes downtown... and I triggered SPD (Symphisis Pubis Dysfunction - very painful, happens only to pregnant women and the only cure is... delivering the babies!).

So yeah... God does answer your prayers... but be careful what you ask for because you might actually get it. But you know what? I don't care!! I am pregnant and thats all that matters!

No comments: